So, WhatsApp responded to these queries from their users related to End-to-end Encryption. They highlighted that the policy update will not affect the privacy of any user’s messages that they send or share with their friends or family.
Is WhatsApp Safe?
WhatsApp can see your messages with Business Accounts on the app. It also explained that in some conditions, business messages — “different than messaging with your family or friends” — can be read by Facebook and could be used for marketing purposes.
How to ensure better privacy?
We will show you the solution on how you can continue using it by trying to maintain your privacy as much as possible and also the alternatives of Signal and Telegram Apps.
- Firstly, be careful about what permissions you give not only to WhatsApp but to all other apps on your Mobile/Tablet devices. Don’t forget to cancel the permissions to read text messages for OTP, as we allow to read the OTP (One Time Password) and forget to cancel such permissions.
- Secondly, Don’t rely on one app too much. Often we leave passwords and other sensitive data on WhatsApp. Don’t put your Passwords on WhatsApp Chats, WhatsApp’s Group Chat & Business Accounts, etc.
–>> Use Password Manager Apps to Secure more such sensitive data which is basically an encrypted digital vault. Such as Dashlane, NordPass, RoboForm, 1Password & LastPass.
- Lastly, Go to haveibeenpwned and enter your E-mail address on the website. And Check if your password has been leaked in any data breach, you will get a warning.
Let’s Create a more Secure Digital lifestyle.
Don’t let other apps interfere with your online privacy. Switch partially to other messaging apps too… such as Hike Messenger (Indian-based chatting app), Signal, and Telegram.
1. Hike messaging: Made-in-India messaging apps, Hike Messenger, also called Hike Sticker Chat, is an Indian freeware, cross-platform instant messaging (IM), Voice over IP (VoIP) application which was launched on 12 December 2012 by Kavin Bharti Mittal and is now owned by Hike Private Limited.
2. Signal: Signal is a cross-platform encrypted messaging service developed by the Signal Foundation and Signal Messenger which comes under a non-profit organization.
3. Telegram: Telegram is a freeware, cross-platform, cloud-based instant messaging software and application service. The service also provides end-to-end encrypted video calling, VoIP, file sharing, and several other features.
Tata Steel has “strongly advised” its staff to use Microsoft Office 365 facilities and Teams, and not post important official corporate matters or conduct business meetings on WhatsApp, Economic Times reports. (Microsoft is LinkedIn’s parent). The company did not share its response.