There are a wide variety of Forensic Science books, it depends upon the degree you are pursuing being it bachelors or masters. For the core subject, we personally suggest Indian authors like B.R. Sharma, Dr. (Mrs.) Rukmani Krishnamurthy, Dr. Anil Aggarwal, Gurdeep Chatwal, Modi, and Foreign authors like Saferstein, Osborn.
Top 10 Books which shares ample amount of knowledge on Forensic Sciences.
- The book ” Introduction To Forensic Science In Crime Investigation” deals with detailed topics like Crime, Crime Scene, Crime Scene in Natural Disaster, people involved in Investigation, Crime Scene Management, First Responding Officers, Protection of the Crime Scene, Reconstruction of the Crime scene, Scientific Survey and Documentation of Crime Scene, Physical Evidences, Forensic Biology, DNA Profiling, Forensic Toxicology, Alcohol, and Illicit Liquor, Narcotics & other Drugs, Arson & Bride Burning Cases, Explosives, Adulteration in Petroleum Products and Constructional materials, Firearm Cases, Motor Vehicle Crimes, Impression & physical evidence, Q.D., and Fingerprints.
|Forensic Science in Criminal Investigation||Dr. (Mrs.) Rukmani Krishnamurthy (Author)|
|Publication Date : 2015||Click here to Buy|
2. “The Essentials of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology“, provides students with comprehensive coverage of the subject. This book is essential for undergraduate medical students who want to have a better understanding of Forensic medicine and Forensic Toxicology.
|The Essentials of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology||K.S. Narayan Reddy (Author)|
|Publication Date : 2017||Click here to buy|
3. “Forensic Science in criminal investigation and trials” book is intended to assist the criminal justice system to understand the potentialities, the limitation, and the process of Forensic Science. Forensic Science complex topics are written in a Non-Technical language making it easy to understand concepts are explained with the help of applicable statutes and judgments adopts a lucid and analytical approach new to this edition updated with latest tools and techniques developed after the publishing of the previous edition includes new concepts introduced in the area of Forensic Science updated with latest legal position and landmark judgments redundant content is deleted to maintain relevance to the topic.
|Forensic Science in Criminal Investigation and Trials (6th Edition)||B R Sharma (Author)|
|Publication Date : 2020||Click here to Buy|
4. “Forensic Science in Criminal Investigation & Court Evidence” is a complete book of all forensic science points like expert evidence, Tool Marks Evidence, Drugs and Narcotics evidence, Alcohol, and different investigation processes like Fraud, Fingerprint, Paints, and Documents Examination.
|Forensic Science in Criminal Investigation & Court Evidence||V.N. Sehgal (Author)|
|Publication Date : 2018||Click here to Buy|
5. The book “Forensic Science in Crime Investigation“ Two new chapters have been added, one on relevant laws and Court rulings on Expert Evidence, and the other on Computer Crime. The author added feature of the book is the inclusion of objective-type questions at the end of each chapter, which, it is hoped, will arouse interest and understanding of the topics covered in the book.
|Forensic Science in Crime Investigation||B.S. Nabar (Author)|
|Publication Date : 2019||Click here to Buy|
6. The Book “Criminalistics: Introduction to Forensic Science” Written by a very well-known authority in forensic science, this text introduces the non-scientific student to the field of forensic science. Through applications to criminal investigations, clear explanations of the techniques, and the abilities and limitations of modern crime labs, Criminalistics covers the comprehensive realm of forensics. The text strives to make the technology of the modern crime laboratory clear to the non-scientist. Combining case stories with applicable technology, Criminalistics captures the excitement of forensic science investigations.
|Criminalistics: Introduction to Forensic Science||Richard Saferstein (Author)|
|Publication Date : 2003||Click here to Buy|
7. The Book “Fundamentals of Forensic DNA Typing” is a book written with a broad point of view of DNA typing. The book elaborates the methods and use of DNA typing in Forensics. It encompasses current forensic DNA analysis methods, as well as biology, technology, and genetic interpretation. It also explains different methods for testing of DNA from the samples using extraction, quantitation, amplification, and statistical interpretation of DNA.
|Fundamentals of Forensic DNA Typing||John M. Butler (Author)|
|Publication Date : 1974||Click here to Buy|
8. The Book “Firearms in Criminal Investigation & Trials” lays down the intricate facets of Forensic Ballistics and is designed to cater to the need of all professionals involved in the dissemination of justice and students of Forensic Ballistics.
|Firearms in Criminal Investigation & Trials||B. R. Sharma (Author)|
|Publication Date : 2017||Click here to Buy|
9. The Book “A Textbook Of Medical Jurisprudence And Toxicology” revised edition traces comprehensively all major developments in the field of law and forensic medicine. Medico-legal aspects of rape have been re-examined, keeping in mind the concerns of the academic community on sensitive gender issues. The section on Toxicology has been extensively updated to make it more useful to forensic scientists and analytical chemists. The book is an essential reference for medical and legal professionals, forensic medicine experts, judges, law enforcement and investigating agencies, teachers, scholars, legislators, and social scientists.
|A Textbook Of Medical Jurisprudence And Toxicology||J.P. Modi (Author)|
|Publication Date : 2016||Click here to Buy|
10. The Book “Instrumental Methods of Chemical Analysis” is the ideal reference work for all undergraduate and postgraduate students of chemistry, biochemistry, industrial chemistry, environmental science, pharmacy, microbiology, biotechnology, geology, materials science, and related disciplines. This book is also useful for anyone who uses chemical analysis in their work. With this book, the users can find information about the most instrumental techniques in an understandable form, simplifying decisions about which instrumental techniques can provide the information they are seeking on chemical composition and structure.
|Instrumental Methods of Chemical Analysis||Gurdeep Chatwal & Sham Anand (Author)|
|Publication Date : 2006||Click here to Buy|